The City of Decatur has added the ability for residents and/or owners of property located within the city limits to apply for building permits on-line. Permits include residential/commercial building permits, trade permits (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc), demolition permits, etc.
This same system allows residents and/or owners to apply for Public Works permits, such as Land Disturbance permits, Right of Way permits and Water and Sewer Tapping and Capping permits
- Building Permit Fee Scheduleopens PDF file — updated 6/14/2021
- Guidelines for New Home Constructionopens PDF file
- Residential Deck Requirementsopens PDF file
- Residential Garages and Accessory Structuresopens PDF file
- Residential Permits Q&A Brochureopens PDF file
- Summary of Sign Regulationsopens PDF file
Forms and Permit Applications various City Departments. The forms are for viewing and/or downloading only. Once downloaded, print the form, fill it out and submit the form to the appropriate City department along with any fees due.
Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Billboard Permitopens PDF file
- Boat Safetyopens PDF file
- Building Permitopens PDF file
- Deck Building Permitopens PDF file
- Demolition Permitopens PDF file
- Electrical Permitopens PDF file
- Fence Requirements and Applicationopens PDF file (Residential) — updated 2/4/2020
- Historical & Architectural Sites Commission Certificate of Appropriateness Applicationopens PDF file
- Mechanical Permitopens PDF file
- Plumbing Permitopens PDF file
- Raffle Permitopens PDF file
- Roofing Requirement and Applicationopens PDF file — added 3/3/2020
- ROW Vacation Requestopens PDF file
- Sign Permitopens PDF file
- Swimming Pool Requirements and Permitopens PDF file — updated 6/14/2021
- Temporary Structures Application (tents, air supported and temporary structures)opens PDF file
- Wheelchair Ramp Requirements and Permitopens PDF file — updated 2/4/2020
- Parking Mapopens PDF file – Downtown Decatur Parking Map showing meter locations, parking garages, parking lots, etc.
- Neighborhood Mapopens PDF file – this is a large map, please be patient until the image has loaded.
- Snow Removal – Snow Route Information, including maps.
- Example Site Planopens PDF file – Example Site Plan for a Variance Petition
- Zoning Fee Scheduleopens PDF file
- Zoning Change Petitionopens PDF file
- Zoning Map 2020opens PDF file
- Zoning Ordinanceopens PDF file
- Zoning Variance Petitionopens PDF file – petition form only
- Zoning Variance Instructionsopens PDF file – instructions only
- Zoning Variance Instructions and Petitionopens PDF file – both petition and instructions
- Zoning Variance Packetopens PDF file – complete packet including Citizen’s Guide, instruction and petition form
- Subdivision Ordinanceopens PDF file