The City of Decatur has added the ability for residents and/or owners of property located within the city limits to apply for building permits on-line. Permits include residential/commercial building permits, trade permits (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc), demolition permits, etc.
This same system allows residents and/or owners to apply for Public Works permits, such as Land Disturbance permits, Right of Way permits and Water and Sewer Tapping and Capping permits
- Building Permit Fee Schedule — updated 6/14/2021
- Guidelines for New Home Construction
- Residential Deck Requirements
- Residential Garages and Accessory Structures
- Residential Permits Q&A Brochure
- Summary of Sign Regulations
Forms and Permit Applications various City Departments. The forms are for viewing and/or downloading only. Once downloaded, print the form, fill it out and submit the form to the appropriate City department along with any fees due.
Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billboard Permit
- Boat Safety
- Building Permit
- Deck Building Permit
- Demolition Permit
- Electrical Permit
- Fence Requirements and Application (Residential) — updated 2/4/2020
- Historical & Architectural Sites Commission Certificate of Appropriateness Application
- Mechanical Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Raffle Permit
- Roofing Requirement and Application — added 3/3/2020
- ROW Vacation Request
- Sign Permit
- Swimming Pool Requirements and Permit — updated 6/14/2021
- Temporary Structures Application (tents, air supported and temporary structures)
- Wheelchair Ramp Requirements and Permit — updated 2/4/2020
- Parking Map – Downtown Decatur Parking Map showing meter locations, parking garages, parking lots, etc.
- Neighborhood Map – this is a large map, please be patient until the image has loaded.
- Snow Removal – Snow Route Information, including maps.
- Example Site Plan – Example Site Plan for a Variance Petition
- Zoning Fee Schedule
- Zoning Change Petition
- Zoning Map 2020
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Variance Petition – petition form only
- Zoning Variance Instructions – instructions only
- Zoning Variance Instructions and Petition – both petition and instructions
- Zoning Variance Packet – complete packet including Citizen’s Guide, instruction and petition form
- Subdivision Ordinance