New commercial projects are being developed in the revitalization area.
Vacant commercial properties have been filled with new businesses.
- Property in the Wabash Crossing area are being developed in a Community Care Center that includes
- Crossing Healthcare
- Inpatient and Outpatient Facilities
- Detox and Residential Rehab
- Decatur Macon County Opportunities Corporation (DMCOC)/Baby Talk
- Northeast Community Fund
Images of the Community Care Center
Other Commercial projects
- Decatur Brew Works has filled the space previously occupied by Striglos Office Supply at the corner of N Main Street and E William Street
- A Convenience Store, Laundromat and Restaurant has filled space previously occupied by Walgreens at E Wood Street and S Jasper St
- Family Dollar has filled the space previously occupied by Walgreens at N Water Street and E Grand Avenue
- Sharks Fish and Chicken restaurant open in the space at 1154 E Prairie Avenue
- River Coffee Company opened at 101 N Main Street in the space previously occupied by Decatur Brew Works