FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2021
The City of Decatur announces that, effective immediately, Region 6 (including all parts of Decatur and Macon County) have been moved to Tier 1. This decision was announced today by the Illinois Department of Public Health based on the region’s steadily improving COVID metrics. With this positive development, limited indoor dining, social gatherings, and recreational sports came resume within Decatur.
Tier 1 mitigations include parameters as listed below:
- All bars and restaurants close at 11pm and may reopen no earlier than 6am the following day
- Indoor service limited to the lesser of 25 guests or 25% capacity per room
- Establishments offering indoor service must serve food
- Indoor service reservations limited to 2-hour maximum duration and maximum 4 persons per party (dining only with members of the same household recommended)
- All bar and restaurant patrons should be seated at tables
- No ordering, seating, or congregating at bar (bar stools should be removed)
- Tables should be 6 feet apart
- No standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting for a table or exiting
- Reservations required for each party
- No seating of multiple parties at one table
- Includes private clubs and country clubs
For a full list of specific Tier 1 mitigation measure in effect, visit IDPH website.
The City will enforce its mask ordinance in public places as previously announced. Citizens should continue to use caution in making decisions about where and when to go out and interact with persons, and they should stay indoors if they have flu-like symptoms. For additional information contact City Manager Scot Wrighton or Deputy City Manager Jon Kindseth at 217-424-2801.