Fire Station 2 is home to:
- Truck 2, 2006 Pierce Dash 75′ Aerial Ladder Quint
- Truck 4, 1994 Pierce Lance 100′ Aerial Tower (Reserve Ladder Truck)
- Decon 1, MABAS 46 Decontamintion Response Truck
- Trench Rescue Response Trailer
- Zodiac Rescue boat
- A rescue boat is stored here during the winter months
There are 12 firefighters assigned to 3 shifts, 4 per shift.
Fire Department training facilities are located here.
Station 2 serves as an Illinois Fire Service Institute Regional Training Center.