The City of Decatur has developed several parking options within the downtown area (City Code Chapter 34). These options are Garage C, Downtown Employee, Downtown Residential, Convention Visitors, and Temporary Reservations of a parking space.
- Garage C is located on Franklin Street between Main St. & Wood St. The upper level is accessible on the west side of the garage on Franklin St. The lower level is accessible on the south side of the garage on Wood St.
- Downtown Employee Parking consists of the “All day free” parking spaces located in the downtown area but outside of the Central Business District and Lot G as described in Chapter 34. Downtown employee parking does require proof of employment in the downtown area.
- Residential Parking is available to all residents located within the downtown area with proof of residency.
- Convention Visitors parking is available through Public Works 217-875-4879.
- Temporary construction parking spaces are available through Public Works 217-424-2747.
|Garage C – upper||$15.00||Per month – upper level||Ch 34, Sec 52-66, 74|
|Garage C – lower||$25.00||Per month – lower level||Ch 34, Sec 52-66, 74|
|Downtown Employee||$15.00||Per month – on street||Ch 34, Sec 52-66, 74|
|Downtown Employee||$25.00||Per month – Lot G||Ch 34, Sec 52-66, 74|
|Downtown Residential||free||Class A||Ch 34, Sec 52-66, 74|
|Downtown Residential||$60.00||Per month – Class B||Ch 34, Sec 52-66, 74|
|Temporary Parking Space||$10.00||Per day – issued by Public Works||Ch 34, Sec 48|
|Convention Visitors Parking||$3.00||Per space – issued by Public Works||Ch 34, Sec 64|