The City of Decatur is partnering with the Decatur Area Habitat for Humanity and the Habitat of Champaign County to host a FREE post purchase homeowner education program entitled “Keeping the American Dream”. The program contains three class sessions. The 3-part program focuses on topics that help both new and established homeowners manage their most important asset, the home. The session topics are:
- Home Maintenance
- Budgeting, Saving, and Keeping Records
- Being Part of Your Community
The 3 sessions will be held at the Decatur Civic Center located at 1 Gary K. Anderson Plaza in Decatur. The sessions will be held on the first floor in the 1st floor classrooms. Free parking will be available.
- The Home Maintenance session will be held at 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
- The Budgeting, Saving, and Keeping Records session will be held at 9:00 a.m., Saturday, October 20, 2018.
- The Being Part of Your Community session will be held at 11:15 a.m., Saturday, October 20, 2018.
Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County is an U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved housing counseling agency.
To register for the 3 sessions, please contact the City of Decatur’s Neighborhood Services Division at (217) 424-2777 or e-mail email@example.com. The class size is limited.